Until now, implementing solar and energy storage required commercial property owners to lay out their own capital or to have an investment grade credit-rating, making renewable energy challenging or impossible to implement. At the same time, energy efficiency upgrades, EV charging stations and other sustainability-related capital improvements had to be handled on a piecemeal basis – financed and prioritized individually.
Luminia’s first-of-its-kind financing solutions provide swift access to the full range of sustainability improvements. Luminia’s Clean Energy PPA®, Credit Based PPA or C-PACE suite of solutions provide commercial property owners financing without any money down or any corporate or personal guaranties – maximizing up-front savings and increasing both net operating income and asset value.
When it comes to sustainability improvements, commercial entities have differing internal priorities, financial hurdles and capital considerations. Luminia’s diverse financing alternatives deliver efficient and optimized structures that align with each property owner’s unique needs.
Instead of financing infrastructure improvements on a project-by-project basis, Luminia’s comprehensive financing options for solar, energy storage, roofing, EV charging infrastructure, HVAC, lighting, building hardening, windows/doors, seismic retrofits, water conservation and more enable commercial property owners to execute energy and water-saving capital improvements through one platform.
Windows & Doors
Financing through the Luminia platform translates into a uniform set of requirements, contract structures and processes across all project types, as well as the availability to gain instant project pricing through our portal. Solar businesses can leverage these tools to realize superior efficiency, reducing sales cycles and increasing the sales funnel. Property owners can quickly receive proposals to quantify value, reduce time for legal and realize savings faster.
Luminia’s novel suite of financing solutions include traditional credit-based PPAs and a first-of-its-kind Clean Energy PPA® for non-rated properties. Each solution was designed to maximize savings and convenience to property owners:
Clean Energy PPA® – A proprietary Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) model for non-rated properties interested in implementing sustainability improvements without touching their working capital. It combines the benefits of a long-term energy contract and tax credit monetization with security of Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE)
– No personal or corporate guaranties required, project is secured by property
– No upfront costs, only savings that increase Net Operating Income (NOI) and cashflow
– Valid for solar, storage, energy efficiency HVAC, LEDs, windows, water conservation, roofing,resiliency solutions (seismic, fire, storm strengthening), and more
Traditional corporate credit-based PPA alternatives for property owners interested in implementing sustainability improvements without touching their working capital.
– Credit-Based PPA – for companies with non-investment grade or shadow credit ratings
– Investment Grade PPA – for companies with strong public credit ratings
For property owners with a tax appetite and/or who want to own the asset. Capital for new development, retrofits and tenant improvements.
– An innovative, state-regulated, municipality-approved program
– Can be used to finance energy efficiency, water conservation, and renewable energy improvements and Title 24 upgrades
– Low-cost, long-term, fixed-rate financing tied to property value
– Ability to replace expensive mezzanine debt for new development projects
– Currently available in 28 states and Washington, DC